In light of fresh Spring produce, and wellness, we’ve created a wonderfully light and flavorful Ginger Miso Soup with Spring Veggies and Lime Olive Oil from The Olive Press. This gluten free soup promotes health and can be made extra spicy or mild depending on your taste buds. We got most of this produce from Greenstring Farm in Petaluma, California.
Suggested Wine Pairing
Cline Estate Viognier
- 4 tablespoons dry Miso paste
- 1 cup of water
- 6 cups organic free range chicken stock, or vegetable broth
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 6-8 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Mission Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cups shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch of organic baby bok choi, sliced from the base to the tip of the green in strips
- ½ bunch of organic Tuscan kale (dino kale), sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 bunch organic spring onions, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, browned (or diced tofu)
- Lime Olive Oil for drizzling
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 habenero, seeded and diced
- chili flake to taste
- In a large soup/stock pot, heat Mission Olive Oil over medium and stir in onion. Saute for a minute and add garlic, ginger and optional hot peppers. Saute for another minute and add chicken or tofu. Saute for about 5 minutes and add carrots and mushrooms.
- Mash Miso paste into water, add to the pot and stir in chicken broth. Turn heat up to medium high, bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover for 20-30 minutes.
- Add kale and bok choi and let simmer for another 10-15 minutes. Serve with Spring onion and Lime Olive Oil drizzled on top!