Pairs With: Cline Gewürztraminer
- 2 large beets
- 6 oz goat cheese
- 3 large handfuls of arugula
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp brown mustard
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut root and stems off of beets. Wrap in aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove beets from oven, let cool and peel off the skin.
- In a blender, add garlic, shallot and olive oil until it becomes a paste. Then add the brown mustard and pomegranate juice and blend until combined.
Toss arugula in dressing and plate.
- Top with quartered beets, goat cheese and pumpkin seeds.