Suggested Wine Pairing: Cline Roussanne
This one is a classic, creamy, butternut squash soup, and of course we would finish it with a drizzle of Olio Diavolo!
Made with these products from The Olive Press:
- 4-4 1/2 # Butternut Squash
- 1 Bunch Fresh Sage
- 1 Large Garlic Clove, minced
- 4 Tbsp. Butter, divided
- 3 Medium Yellow Onions, Chopped
- 3-4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Creme Fraiche
- 3-4 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- Olio Diavolo, Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut squash in half, rub with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place flesh side down on a baking sheet and roast for 40 min, until tender. (may take more time)
- While squash cooks, remove leaves from sage. Tie the stem together with string. Put in plan with 2T. butter, add chopped onions and slowly saute over med. heat until translucent. Remove sage stems and discard.
- When squash is tender, spoon out and add to onions. Add chicken broth to onions and squash until just covered with chicken broth. Add Crème Fraiche.
- Put ingredients in pan in blender (In batches), and blend until smooth in.
- In separate pan, melt 2 T. butter/ Add sage, and cook until crisp and butter browns. Put leaves on paper towel. Use sage and Olio Diavolo to garnish soup.