Pairs With: Cline Ancient Vines Zinfandel
- 8 slices of sourdough bread
- 5 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 cups daisy cheddar cheese (or any white cheddar cheese)
- 4 lbs bone-in pork shoulder roast
- 4 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 4 onions (sliced)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 7 Tbsp The Olive Press Classic Balsamic
Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork (Slow Cooker: follow same instructions as below, but cook on high for 3 hours
and low for 3-4 hours until pork becomes tender.)
Place the roast fat side up on top of the garlic.
- Fill pot with 1 cup water.
Cover with lid and set pressure cooker on high
for 3 hours.
Once done, quick release pressure, remove
pork, and place on cutting board.
Shred pork and place back into pot. Set aside
until ready to use.
Add butter to a thick-bottomed pan over
medium-high heat. Once the butter is melted, add the sliced onions.
Reduce heat to medium and stir occasionally
until onions are caramelized (usually around 30 minutes).
Add in balsamic
and stir until combined. Let thicken and remove from heat. Set aside.
Building the Sandwich
Spread mayonnaise on the outside of each slice
Place a skillet over medium heat. Once heated, place 4 slices of bread (mayonnaise side down) on the skillet. Stack an even layer of cheese, pulled pork, caramelized onions, and a little more cheese, then cover with another slice of bread (mayonnaise side up).
- Flip sandwich in the skillet when the bottom side is golden brown to your liking. Cook until the other side is golden brown. Slice in half and enjoy!