Suggested Wine Pairing: Cashmere
This unbeatable Spanish dish is served with rice and pairs perfectly with our Cashmere.
Made with these products from The Olive Press:
Koroneiki Extra Virgin Olive Oil
This dish is best prepared with olive oil from The Olive Press. If you live near Petaluma, consider picking up the vegetables from Green String Farm. And of course, stop by our winery or order a bottle or three of our Cashmere.
- 4 tablespoons Koroneiki extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes with juice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 1 lb hot Italian turkey sausage, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 pound skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound large shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 8 oz frozen artichokes, thawed
- 4 oz pimentos, diced
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add rice and 1 chopped onion, stirring occasionally, until rice begins to brown lightly. Add 1 minced clove garlic and cook for one minute longer. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring, until the liquid is absorbed, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil; reduce heat to simmer, cook covered for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest, covered, for 20 minutes.
- While rice is resting, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 chopped onion and sausage. Cook until onion is translucent. Add paprika and mix thoroughly. Add chicken, bell pepper, 1 minced clove garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is cooked through. Add shrimp, peas, artichokes, and pimentos and cook until shrimp turns pink. Remove from heat.
- Fluff rice with a fork and combine with meat and vegetable mixture, tossing well. Serve in a large bowl or on a platter with a glass of Cashmere.