Suggested Wine Pairing: Sonoma Coast Pinot Gris
PREP TIME: 20 minutes | GRILLING TIME: 8–10 minutes
- ¼ cup thinly sliced scallions (white and light green parts only)
- 1 jalapeño chile pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon peeled, minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 16 spears, each about 1 by 5 inches
- 32 thin slices prosciutto, about 1 pound total
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over high heat (450° to 550°F).
- In a food processor or a blender combine the paste ingredients. Process until a chunky paste forms, scraping down the sides of the bowl at least once.
- Coat each pineapple spear with about 1 teaspoon of the paste, and then wrap each spear with two prosciutto slices. Grill the spears over direct high heat, with the lid closed, until the prosciutto is crisp on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Serve immediately.
©2013 Weber-Stephen Products LLC. Recipe from Weber’s New Real Grilling™ by Jamie Purviance. Used with permission.