Suggested Wine Pairing: Cline Chardonnay
A Springtime favorite, risotto with fresh veggies, herbs, garlic, white wine, and our favorite…Limonato Olive Oil! This dish is the perfect mixture of savory, fresh and flavorful – perfect served alongside leg of lamb, or simply with a glass of white wine!
Made with these products from The Olive Press:
- 2 leeks, trimmed and diced
- 2-3 tablespoons The Olive Press Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- ½ bottle Cline Cellars Chardonnay
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons Limonato Olive Oil, divided
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- 1½ cups shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup peas, steamed
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 6-8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1-2 cups pecorino cheese, grated
- In a large, wide frying pan, heat leeks in olive oil over medium heat. In a saucepan on the side, heat the first quart of chicken stock (you will add to this pan throughout the recipe). After about 1-2 minutes of heating the leeks, add the rice. Once the rice begins to have translucent edges and soaks up the olive oil (about 4 minutes) add a splash of white wine (about ¼ cup). Once the rice soaks up the wine, ladle in about ½ cup warmed chicken broth. Stir continuously. As the rice soaks up the broth, continue to add 1/2 cup at a time and stir continuously until all liquid is absorbed, about 40 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, closer to the end, heat Limonato olive oil in another pan on the side. Add the garlic and asparagus, stir until the asparagus begins to soften. Add the mushrooms and stir until the mushrooms brown. Add the herbs and the peas at the very end. Add a splash of white wine to deglaze the pan at the end. Salt and pepper to taste
- Once the rice begins to thicken and become a creamy consistency, add more white wine and a divided tablespoon of butter. Stir in and taste. The rice should be completely soft and not undercooked whatsoever. Once the rice is creamy enough, add the vegetables and stir in.
- Finally stir in the cheese, this should make it even more creamy, sticky and thick. Give it a final drizzle of Limonato Olive Oil and enjoy!